July 30, 2010

RECIPE DAY - Maltese Sweets

As promised I'll be posting Maltese recipes that my family have made down the years. Today's recipe is a very mildly sweet chocolate pudding. I don't know about you but I like my sweets to be 'not soooo sweet'.

1 Vienna loaf
4 Tablespoons of Cocoa
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 tbsp of jam (you can mix different jams)
1/2 pkt of chopped walnuts
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
1/2 pkt mixed fruit (I personally use less of this)
1/2 cup custard powder
3/4 cup of sherry
Level tspn of mixed spices

First cut the bread into small cubes and then soak in tepid water till soft and mushy and then squeeze the water out of the bread. Blend all ingredients together using your hands. Place a layer approx 2 inches thick.

Preheat oven to 180C then cook for approx. 30 minutes or until firmly spongy. Once cool sprinkle with icing sugar.

Then, most importantly, eat.

No comments: