July 28, 2010

The most natural and affordable Skincare Treatment

All from your kitchen and bathroom cupboard!! How's this for easy and affordable and if you don't mind a bit of egg on your face, apparently effective. Doesn't cost much to try.

Make-up Remover - This is a make-up remover I created for myself at home. I use a 50ml glass bottle that I can clean and re-use. I fill it up a third of the way with Rosewater (I buy from middle eastern food shop to use in my cooking and coffee), 2 tspns of natural shampoo which is free of harsh chemicals bought from the health food store. 1 tspn of Glycerine (to mobilise the make-up) and the rest water. Don't shake the bottle but move it to blend. Try a cotton bud and see if it works at removing your caked on mascara and if not you may need to add a little more glycerine or shampoo. Super effective and Cheap!

Exfoliator - Just mix Honey & Salt and apply! How easy is that?

Mask - Slap a bit of Yoghurt on your face, leave for 5-10 minutes and then rinse.

Dark Circles - Boil some Tea (doesn't matter which kind) add sliced cucumber pieces and then put in the fridge to chill. Then apply the cucumber slices to your eyes.

Moisturiser - Olive Oil, Lime Juice and 1 egg. Mix together and apply!

Next week I'll add other recipes using base creams, the marvellous Rose Hip Oil and essential oils.

6 comments:

PrairieWindDesigns said...

Wonderful tips! Can't wait to try them out! THanks for sharing.

Kathleen said...

You are most welcome! Let me know how it goes :D

Diana said...

I really need to do the tea/cucumber thing for dark circles! I also think the honey/salt exfoliator sounds delightful!

Kathleen said...

Diana, I hope it works! I read somewhere that you should never put anything on your skin that you wouldn't put in your mouth because the skin absorbs so much.

Impossible Alice said...

This sounds awesome, I'm always looking for new skincare things!

Kathleen said...

Cool, next week I'll a few more but a little more effort involved, adding essential oils etc.